Saturday, March 27, 2010

Titles of Tales






To those of you wondering what the town looks like, and who don't find the (admittedly poor) pictures I posted earlier this week to show much, I grabbed some shots from the harbour. Enjoy.

As for developments and stories of interest, there have been many, but most do not lend themselve easily to textual form. So I'll list them in a purposefully vague way in order to garner interest for stories when I return:

- A student tries the hard sell
- Why I'm not an elementary school teacher
- Administrative attitudes
- Full house
- Like office politics, but a whole town
- Applied water conservation
- Nevadas
- Statisitcally significant, methinks

Not that I've peaked your curiousity I'll relate a single anecdote. Did you know that "not even!" is the standard Inuit-English for "no", "that's silly", "no way", "I don't want it", "you're foolish", "I don't believe it", "you're joking", "you're cheating" or any other way of stating a negative? I've heard it more than all of those other phrases combined. And then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment