Saturday, March 27, 2010

Safe Harbour






As Janne recently pointed out I've been remiss in my blogging duties. This week was the hump, the "new town smell" is gone and nothing super exciting has happened, some interesting going-on's. those are best told in person. So I'm back to the grind of student teaching. All said it's not that bad, but I miss the people I know and love. I guess I'm a bit homesick, but that's just because no new "OMG I'm in the Arctic!" stuff is going to happen until next weekend.

Anyway, to the pictures. These are of a stroll I took on the harbour here in Kimmirut. Ahh, there's the "OMG I'm in the Arctic!" moment... literally walking on water.

PS The rock formation in the last picture is the town's namesake, the rock is callled Kimmirut, literally "looks like a heel."

No comments:

Post a Comment