Sunday, March 28, 2010

I was bored, so I climbed a mountain










There's a big hill, a mountain really, up by the airport. I decided that since I was having a boring day I should climb it despite the -28 windchill in the town and lower on the mountain due to the higher winds. (I'd like to say thank you again to my family for lending me the money for proper cold weather gear.) Anyway, it took me about 45 minutes to climb, due to the deep snow, but only about 15 to descend.

As I was near the top I saw something extraordinarily cool, I heard a noise, looked and saw a plane rounding the shoulder of the mountain below me. This was weird for no less than three reasons 1: I was above the plane. 2: The plane was below the mountain and 3: No planes have been able to get in or out of town since Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment